One of the main components of educational activity is research work. It is thanks to it that the latest technologies are introduced into education, educational programs are improved and, most importantly, technical progress in this field of science is determined.The main direction of scientific research of the department – “Infocommunication technologies and networks” – this direction is very capacious and our teachers have chosen their own areas of research, including the following components:
- research and development of methods to increase the efficiency, noise immunity and information security of infocommunication technologies;
- research and development of methods of modeling and multicriteria optimization in the design and planning of information communication networks;
- research of methods of coding modulation, spectral analysis and signal processing in communication systems;
- research of methods of information distribution and management in multiservice networks;
- research of steganographic methods of information protection in communication networks;
- research of methods of effective compression and image processing in communication networks;
- research of methods and ways of creation of sensory networks;
- research of software and hardware of multi-channel automatic information systems in fixed and mobile networks;
- research of information technologies of identification and recognition of speakers in information networks;
- research of information technologies of automated signal recognition in communication, radar and medical diagnostics tasks;
- research of infocommunication technologies of tracking with authentication on the basis of GPS systems and mobile communication networks.
They regularly and actively participate in additional educational courses of a practical nature from leading telecommunications companies, open trainings, seminars, conferences of scientific and educational levels. Preparing students to participate in competitions, contests, scientific student conferences, involving students in research work in the areas of the department is an integral part of educational and scientific activities of teachers. Publication of scientific, educational and methodical materials, defense of dissertations, participation in internships and lectures at foreign universities, participation in scientific conferences and seminars, development of innovative methods of education, implementation of scientific and technical developments in technological and engineering solutions in telecommunications and network technologies are worthy results of work of teachers in development of scientific directions of department.
An integral part of research work is the design of research results that form the basis of articles and reports at scientific conferences, various author’s works, including qualifying works of various degrees, dissertations, monographs and manuals.
Speeches, reports or abstracts at conferences are often the fastest way to communicate research. You can check the current conferences that will take place in the near future abroad and in Ukraine by following the links.For the design of such works, publishing houses and organizing committees announce the requirements for the appropriate design of printed or electronic materials, which are often listed on the relevant pages of the organizing committee or publishing house.
One of the main criteria for evaluating published materials is the h-index, or Hirsch index – an indicator of the influence of a scientist, team of scientists, research institution or scientific journal, based on the number of publications and their citations. One of the most influential bibliographic and abstract databases and a tool for tracking citations of articles published in scientific journals is Scopus. Therefore, publications in journals of this database and the participation of journals in it are very important requirements for the scientific activity of any scientist or teacher. View the current list of journals included in Scopus.